An incredible small-group experience where you’ll be relaxing in 5-star luxury hotel accommodations located in the ancient city of Siena. Immerse yourself in the very finest wine and food this legendary region of Italy has to offer. Explore the villages and wineries while enjoying private tastings of delectable Chianti, Brunello Di Montalcino, and Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano wines. Savor the finest handmade, local Italian foods on culinary excursions to a pecorino crafting farm as well as a spectacular farm-to-table getaway that leads to a feast with music and wine, all in the heart of Tuscany.
Finally, enjoy intimate nightly concerts hosted by Mindi Abair and her renowned musician friends, performing unplugged or with a band throughout the adventure.
- Location: Siena, Tuscany, Italy
- Tour Dates: November 1 – 5, 2021
- Trip Price Per Person: $4,900
- Single supplement: $900
- Optional Hotel Upgrade: $800
- Optional Extension Dates: November 5 – 7, 2021
- Optional Extension Price Per Person: $3,200
- Optional Extension Single Supplement: $450
- Group size: 30-40 people
- Meals: Breakfast each morning, 4 dinners, and 2 lunches
- Optional Extension Meals: Breakfast each morning, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners
- Enjoy daily intimate shows hosted by Mindi Abair and joined by some of the world’s great jazz musicians
- Explore amazing Italian wineries and relish in private wine tastings at the finest level
- Savor world-renowned, locally- sourced Tuscan cuisine
- Relax in the lap of luxury while staying at the 5-star Grand Hotel Continental
- Roam the ancient streets, taking in the history and beauty of Siena
- Optional three-day Under The Tuscan Sun extension
Day 1: From the Heart of Tuscany
- Franciacorta (fine Italian bubbles) Welcome Reception, including a fun, relaxed musical performance, hosted by Mindi and Eric
- Walking tour of Siena to take in the monuments, palaces, and churches in one of the most beautiful cities in Italy
- Family-style Italian dinner featuring Italian & California wines, hosted by Reserve Tastings Wine Company
Day 2: Pecorino Cheese & Medieval Montepulciano
- Breakfast at our hotel
- Late morning excursion to a delightful local farm that specializes in making pecorino, the ubiquitous local sheep’s cheese
- Historical walk through Pienza, followed by lunch at La Buca delle Fate
- Private winery tasting in a traditional barrel cave where you’ll taste and learn about the great wines of the region
- Dinner at a local restaurant, showcasing the fine cuisine of Tuscany
- Music show hosted by Mindi Abair and her special guests
Day 3: Agriturismo & Romantic Montalcino
- Breakfast at our hotel
- Visit the Abbey of Monte Oliveto, established in 1313 by Benedictine monks
- Tour a spectacular agriturismo (hint: farm) to take a behind the scenes peek at how some local products are produced
- Enjoy lunch at the agriturismo while Mindi Abair and guests perform a special mid-afternoon show
- Discover the world-famous Montalcino, a beautiful medieval town known for its fortezza (fortress) and sublime Brunello Di Montalcino wine
- Private tasting at a family-owned winery to taste the delectable namesake wine, some of the finest you may ever taste in your life
- An exquisite dinner at welcoming family-owned restaurant
Day 4: The World Famous Wines of Chianti
- Breakfast at our hotel
- Visit and tasting at a family-owned winery that is rich in tradition and handed down for generations, embracing age-old winemaking methods in the renown Chianti region
- Time to explore and grab lunch on your own in Greve (Chianti)
- Final dinner and a special show at a local Siena jazz club that will bring down the house with your host, Mindi Abair and special guests
Day 5: Prosecco Farewells & Onto Your Next Adventure
- Prosecco brunch and a final hang with Mindi and Eric
- Check out and departures
*Note: This itinerary may change slightly due to the ever evolving current situation and availability of our personal contacts. However, we guarantee the experience to be rock star.
Under The Tuscan Sun Three-Day Extension Itinerary
Located in the very heart of Siena, the 5-star boutique Grand Hotel Continental is the perfect home base for our music + wine Tuscan adventure! You’ll love relaxing in the well-appointed elegant accommodations, just steps from the Piazza del Campo, the Duomo di Siena, and the finest restaurants and shopping you could want.
Optional Extension Accommodations
For our two-night extension, we will be staying at La Veronica Resort, a vast charming house on a private estate located just outside of the town of Greve. It is a magical and memorable space to relax and enjoy the beauty of Tuscany.
It is made up of two adjacent centuries-old farmhouses which have been completely restored by the owners and turned into delightful apartments.
What is Included
- Double occupancy lodging
- Tour: All breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 4 dinners
- Optional extension: All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- All scheduled excursions, including private wine tastings and music shows
- Wine during organized tastings
- Professional guides
Not Included: Travel to and from Siena, personal expenses, and optional gratuities to local staff and your guide. Travel insurance is also not included, though we highly recommend it. Check out our Travel Insurance page for more information.
Arrival & Departure
We will meet at our host hotel, Grand Hotel Continental, in the late afternoon on the first day of the tour. The tour ends mid-day on Day 5.
Optional three-day extension begins mid-day on Day 5. The extension ends on Day 7 in Chianti where you are free to take a private transfer to either the Florence or Rome airports.
Galactic Princess of Music
One of the most recognized and sought after saxophonists and vocalists, Mindi Abair’s solo career has produced ten #1 radio singles, two #1 Billboard albums, and two GRAMMY nominations. She was a featured musician on American Idol and the author of How To Play Madison Square Garden. Her band Mindi Abair and The Boneshakers have recorded 4 albums, won 8 Independent Blues Awards including Artist of the Year, Best Holiday Album by the LA Music Critics Association, and their latest album No Good Deed debuted #1 iTunes Blues and #3 Billboard Blues.
She has toured and/or recorded with Aerosmith, Gregg Allman, Joe Bonamassa, Smokey Robinson, Keb’ Mo’, Joe Perry, Bobby Rush, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Lalah Hathaway, Duran Duran, Adam Sandler, Lee Ritenour, The Backstreet Boys, Booker T. Jones, Dave Koz, Jimmy Webb, Mandy Moore, Max Weinberg, Bill Champlin, David Pack, Mocean Worker, Ides of March, and Teena Marie. www.mindiabair.com
Galactic Viceroy of Wine
Author of the highly acclaimed “When Great Wine Is Not Enough – A Wine Sales & Marketing Guide For Wineries, Négotiants & Wine Brand Owners”, named 2018 North Bay Business Journal Winery Sales & Marketing Officer Of The Year with over 17 years of wine experience having managed or sold over 20 million cases and developed over 500+ wine brands, Eric Guerra is a wine author, winery executive, fine wine investor, label designer, wine public speaker and blogger with over 60k followers.
He has lead some of the industries’ most legendary wineries and wine brands like the iconic Kendall-Jackson, the Napa destination Mumm Napa, the ultra-boutique Gary Farrell Winery, the luxury Vineyard 29 and the celebrated Champagne brands of France. Eric’s unique and diverse exposure of the wine industry truly covers all aspects from grape… to bottle… to wine drinker (you.)