We at Taste Vacations and Zephyr Adventures have had a love affair with Sonoma County for 17 years.
Believe it or not, our first-ever tour in the area was a 1998 inline skating tour of “San Francisco and the Wine Country” that included, among other routes, a beautiful loop in the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County. We then expanded to include biking tours that combined Napa and Sonoma and this naturally led to us choosing Sonoma County for the first-ever Wine Bloggers Conference.
We have since run a number of Sonoma Hiking Tours focused on the wine country and continually offer one-day Sonoma Vineyard Walks.
So it is no mystery why we think Sonoma County is the perfect place for our new Sonoma County Wine Tour. Here are a few reasons why we love the area:
- Sonoma County has vast, varied, beautiful terrain ranging from the Pacific Ocean on the west to the Mayacama mountains on the east.
- The county has 16 distinct grape growing areas such as the Russian River, Alexander Valley, and Sonoma Valley, all of which produce amazing fruit for delicious wines.
- The Sonoma County Airport is super convenient, in the middle of the county and such a time saver. But you also have options to fly in through San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, and Oakland.
- Santa Rosa, the county’s largest town, is hip and fun. If you get tired of wine, you can visit the acclaimed Russian River Brewing Company to taste their famous Pliny the Elder beer.
- Cute small wine towns are a must for a good wine vacation and Sonoma County has three gems: the towns of Sonoma, Healdsburg, and Geyserville.
- The people in Sonoma County are extremely welcoming and warm. For the most part they are genuinely happy to have visitors and to take the time to pour wines and explain their county.
Our Sonoma County Wine Tour is October 27 -29 and we welcome you to join us! You can also plan your own private Sonoma wine tour with a group size as small as four people.